International Service (SIS), and Arena Stage are proud to announce a
special event on 11-13 June 2010 in Washington, DC
Revisit Bucky: Exploring Synergetics
In these times of crisis, we need to reconnect with visionary leaders
like R. Buckminster Fuller (affectionately known as "Bucky") who can help us solve the critical issues of our time. The special event "Revisit Bucky: Exploring Synergetics" will provide hands-on workshops to introduce fundamental concepts from Bucky's Synergetics, watching the Arena Stage performance of D.W. Jacobs' play R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE, and a series of lectures and discussions to explore how we can build on Bucky's magnum opus, Synergetics.
For full details, visit the 'Revisit Bucky' event home page.
Briefly, the event consists of five parts:
- Reception: Friday, 11 June 2010, 6:00PM - 7:30PM, American University, SIS (School of International Service) building
- J. Marc Greuther, Chief Curator of Industry at The Henry Ford Museum (HFM), will deliver a keynote lecture
- D.W. Jacobs, author and playwright of "R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE" at the Arena Stage will give a lecture
- Join us in AU's new environmentally friendly building designed by William McDonough to launch the "Revisit Bucky" event
- Workshops: Saturday 12 June 2010, 8:30AM - 5PM, American University, SIS building
- Joe Clinton, Professor John Belt, Nick Tomlin, Jack Higgins, and Tim Havranek will present workshops on geodesics, the vector equilibrium and the closest packing of spheres / isotropic vector matrix
- For more information, please visit the Workshop Descriptions page.
- Performance of D.W. Jacobs' award winning play "R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE": Saturday 12 June 2010, 8 PM - 11 PM, Arena Stage in Crystal City
- Symposium: Sunday 13 June 2010, 9AM - 5PM, American University, SIS building
- Keynote Speaker: Amy Edmondson, Harvard University
- Other Speakers: Thomas Zung, Shoji Sadao, SIS Dean Louis Goodman, SIS Assistant Dean Joseph Clapper, Stephen M. Levin, MD, Gus Jaccaci, and Martin Brennan
- Closing Reception: Sunday 13 June 2010, 7 PM - 9 PM, Steve Levin's place
More details are available on the 'Revisit Bucky' event home page.
Pre-Registration is required.
Early registration fee is $150 if checks are received before 22 May 2010. Regular registration fee is $175; $75 for students. Special rates are available for AU students and for each part of the event.
To attend please fill out the on-line
Revisit Bucky Event registration form.